Highlighted

How do I stop lightroom from uploading my photos to the cloud?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom installed on computers and a phone. I don't want it to auto upload photos to the cloud. How do I stop photos from uploading?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I stop lightroom from uploading my photos to the cloud?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom installed on computers and a phone. I don't want it to auto upload photos to the cloud. How do I stop photos from uploading?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with photos you shoot with your phone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BS - you have the option to upload to the cloud or not.  I just want the option.  I want to upload items to the web for clients but personal photos are on external drives etc.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC uploads everything to the cloud. That is how it is intended to work. You can’t turn this off. If you don’t want your images in the cloud, use Lightroom Classic CC instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this is unacceptable. I want to use the software I've paid for, but i don't want to be forced to use the cloud store. This thing uploads gigabytes of images without even asking!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also unacceptable to me and if that's the case I will use another product and cancel my subscription.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be our guest. You paid for software that stores the originals in the cloud (and so you paid for cloud storage too). If you don't like beer, then don't buy beer.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The alternative is to switch to Lightroom Classic. That's the program that stores images in folders on your hard drive and manages everything in a catalog that is stored on your local hard drive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answers like this aren't ever helpful.

It can and should work offline; like any other bit of bought software. Lightroom classic's interface is made to look old and shabby in comparison which is pretty lame.

PS. You can also ask for a beer in a glass instead of having it forcefully poured into your mouth.

PS.2. I've just found a solution to pause the syncing - click the cloud icon in the top right, then click the bottom of that popup.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines