• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you know you have the latest version of Lightroom?

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit that I am an extremely casual user of Lightroom for the cloud. I use it mainly to take pictures with the phone when I want them to go to Lightroom Classic. I do very little editing with Lightroom. But what I need to know is what is the process of ensuring that I have the latest version on the phone. I'm not real savvy on using the phone. So a little help here would be appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I am also a casual user. My iPhone 6 is on 13.3.1 iOS, and my Lightroom App updates automatically (now at 5.2.4).

My iPhone Lightroom has a 'cog' icon (top of screen) that opens 'settings' and an "About" page that will report the Version you have currently.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202180

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in the App Store / Google Store, if it doesn't say Update next to Lightroom (or Lightroom isn't in the list of Apps to update) then that should give you an indicator as to

whether you have the latest version installed Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim you don’t say what phone you are using. On my iPhone the App store icon usually shows notifications if app updates are available – see screen grab. The present versions of Lightroom mobile are: iOS version 5.2.4 and Android version 5.2.2

AppSt-Notice.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an iPhone 8. Haven't seen any update notifications for Lightroom. But I just checked the app store, and all it said was "open". So I assume everything is up-to-date. Like I said, I'm not very phone savvy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you launch Lightroom on the phone and click the three dots (top-right) and then choose:

Settings >> About Lightroom

You should see v 5.2.4 34BCAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right. It does. Thanks for setting me straight. I guess if I spent a lot more time with the app I would understand it better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines