• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do you print?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have set up the new CC and now need to print for a client and I can't find a print module!  I plus now I can't go back to classic.  What the hell is going on.  If they were not going to let us print maybe that should have been stated up front before migrating!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Lightroom CC is not an update to Lightroom 2015/CC. Lightroom Classic is the update to the older lightroom and is what you need if you need to print and most other things you are probably used to. Adobe unfortunately chose to use the name of the old product for a completely new product that is a ground-up reimagining of digital photography but that currently misses 90% of what is in LR Classic. Printing is a biggie that is currently missing. Export to anything but jpeg is missing. export to anyt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was clearly stated.

Just export the file(s) and print them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was it clearly stated?  I have gone to all the help tutorials and can not find anything.  And from what I have seen online I am not the only one who is having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC is not an update to Lightroom 2015/CC. Lightroom Classic is the update to the older lightroom and is what you need if you need to print and most other things you are probably used to. Adobe unfortunately chose to use the name of the old product for a completely new product that is a ground-up reimagining of digital photography but that currently misses 90% of what is in LR Classic. Printing is a biggie that is currently missing. Export to anything but jpeg is missing. export to anything not in sRGB color space is missing, etc. etc. Lightroom CC is great if you want to store all your images in the cloud and have them show up on all your devices. It is not great if you shoot 1000's of images at a time, need to print, etc.

There are ways around not being able to print like exporting to jpeg or opening in Photoshop and printing from there but they're all kludges. Adobe will undoubtedly add these features in upcoming releases of LR CC but that might be years out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... what a bunch of a...holes!! completely stupid to limit the features like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" Adobe will undoubtedly add these features in upcoming releases of LR CC but that might be years out." yes, three years later it's still missing. Could they be working on Lightroom CC any slower...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible that printing isn't considered to be a priority for the market Adobe is targeting with this version Lightroom. The priority for this version is to provide access to images on a variety of devices. In other words, mobility is the key issue. I don't work for Adobe, so I don't really know what their philosophy might be for sure. However, if the company really felt that printing was a high priority feature for the majority of the target market then I'm sure it would have been or will be added in a timely manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines