• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you stop thumbnails from appearing in the editor?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the sudden, out of nowhere, Lightroom is putting blown up thumbnails into the editor, as if I would want to edit that type of thing as a photograph.  How do I stop it from doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot of what you are seing? Your explanation isn't quite clear. Are you sure you have a full size photo and not an actual thumbnail? What do you see when you click on the (i) information panel in the bottom of the right hand toolbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how a picture would help, but I'll include one anyways.   When I import what looks like just the RAW files into Lightroom, myterious thumbnails are also imported.  However, these thumbnails are completely invisible anywhere on my computer.  They do not even appear in preview until my RAW files have finished importing to Lightroom.   See pic included.Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 2.46.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not only is this a problem, but the actual photo files are importing at a resolution of 960x 640! 
The REAL resoltion is supposed to be 5472 x 3648!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines