• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add graphical watermark in Lightroom 3.1?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a way to add a graphical watermark (logo) to my photographs in Lightroom (NOT Lightroom Classic). I can only find solutions for Lightroom Classic but the menu path does not exist in the Lightroom desktop app for Windows (newest version 3.1).

Can any body tell me if there is a way to do so? Or do I have to add logos via Photoshop?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Best regards 

Nadine 

P.S.: Wish you all a happy new year! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Watermarking is not yet available in v3.1 but many customers have requested it and I’m sure it will come in a future release although I don’t know when. A simple text watermark can be added when exporting from Lightroom on a mobile phone but Photoshop is probably best for a graphical watermark. You could set up a Photoshop action to apply a watermark in bulk to an entire folder of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watermarking is not yet available in v3.1 but many customers have requested it and I’m sure it will come in a future release although I don’t know when. A simple text watermark can be added when exporting from Lightroom on a mobile phone but Photoshop is probably best for a graphical watermark. You could set up a Photoshop action to apply a watermark in bulk to an entire folder of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on Earth, in 2020 with all of this technology available, am I not able to simply add a graphic watermark/logo to my images. Something so simple to do with an export options/preference tab. I even pay for a subscription, I should not have to switch programs to photoshop (which I never use) simply to export an image with a watermark. Please fix, asap. That is just ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!!!  It seems like such a basic feature and yet it just doesn't exist.  Does anyone have any suggestions, apart from now paying for a subscription to photoshop?

Come on Adobe....... how about fixing this problem and adding watermark to our next update!!  Please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you are saying is the one thing that 90% of photographers have in common, which is putting some sort of mark on their photographs so they don't get ripped off, is not in the new latest greatest every one should stop buying classic and move here software?  It seems like that should be PRETTY DARN HIGH on the priority list.  I don't want to learn 2 completely different UIs just so I can get a watermark.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here we are at Lightroom 3.*2* so let's see if anyone knows if THIS version supports watermark?  I mean...*IRFANview* can do watermarks!

Two-fiddy a year.....for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out?  I cannot do it on my Mac, but I can in the app on my phone...that seems a bit backwards if you ask me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see the watermark on the screen as I'm editing. Then, if i like it, I can avoid having to go the the export screen and waste mouse clicks. Also, wouldn't it be nice to be able to drag the watermark to a location ob the photo as it is being edited. If you makea change, make it a GREAT CHANGE rather than mediocre. 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines