• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Assign People tags to pictures that were missed

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the indexing has been completed and Lightroom CC has found all the potential faces, it would be nice to have the ability to add People Tags to pictures that were "missed" where no faces were recognized.  The idea of People Tags is to be able to search for people and generate all potential results.  Right now it's messy because you have to resort to keyword tags to identify people that were missed with facial recognition and makes searching and cataloging a tedious task.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Just to wade in here to support Rikk and Victoria -- I am a Product Manager on the Lightroom team.  We work with Rikk to review this forum including feature requests.  We definitely hear you that we can make improvements both in the face detection tech as well as supporting manual face selection.  We do use the feedback and votes to help determine our priorities, so please know that you are being listened to.  

Additionally, I guess when we migrated forum data, we ended up marking some feature

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 176 Replies 176
176 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using this software yesterday to archive old photos and was baffled there was no manual tag function. I get improving the AI Face recognition is the main goal, but preventing customers who pay monthly for a service from doing this manually? The lack of ability for me to tag people facing away from the camera, in masks, or not detected by the AI make the whole purpose of a face tagging feature pointless if i search for every picture containing one person and some photos fall through the cracks. Face Recognition was one of the primary reasons I chose Adobe LR. I've gone full stop on my archiving until i figure out whether Adobe is adding this back or I am  able to find a similar program to pay for that does not restrict face tagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been open since 2018 and it has a "Not Planned" tag.

This is NOT going to be implemented. Adobe is essentially telling us to f**** off.

Stop using Creative Cloud CC. I stopped using it and canceled the storage plan I had because of it. I've gone back to using Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know when Lightroom CC will get the feature to manually tag someone face on a photo so I could include the picture in "People" view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Rikk any update on this feature? Covid seems like more than enough of an incentive to get this feature near the top of your to-do list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the people page need a possibility to assign picture where the facerecognition fails.  like a partly hidden face or other that I want to associate to e person

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How hard would it be to add a manual tagging feature into the application? Come on Adobe, listen to your paying customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, it's great that you've merged this thread into another thread to help track this message board... now, when will Adobe actually implement the feature that everyone here is asking for? Manually adding face recognition to Lightroom CC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Mylio.  Good for face tagging, and protecting your photos automatically but a bit simplistic for editing.  Save to metadata if you want your face tags to be usable in other applications.  By default, Mylio writes them to .xmp sidecars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to add photos to "People" in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could explain a bit more about what you are trying to do? The "People" section is automatically populated with all the faces that have been detected by the face recognition software. All faces that have been named, and all unnamed faces that contain at least five instances of the same face, will appear in the People section. It's not possible to manually draw a face recognition frame that the software did not detect, is that what you are wanting to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, thanks for your reply.

When I add new pictures  (new people) to my photos file they appear in the photo display. however, they do not appear in the people display. How do I get the sw to rescan the photo file so that the new pictures are added to the people section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to do is to check that the People view is enabled (it is by default, but can be disabled by the user). Open Preferences>General tab and ensure the option is enabled.

Assuming it is still enabled, there are two reasons why you may not be seeing a face in the People section:

1. The face recognition software has not recognised the face as a face (e.g. profile shots). If it hasn't recognised a face, there is unfortunately nothing you can do in Lightroom to manually draw a face recognition region. So unrecognised faces will remain untagged.

2. As I mentioned earlier, a recognised but unnamed face will only appear in the People view when there are at least 5 instances of that face. However, if there are less than 5 photos with the same unnamed person, they WILL appear in the People section if you are able to name them.

So, if you select an image that has a face or faces that you know, but which isn't showing up in the People view, then open the Keyword tab (near the bottom of the right-hand toolbar), you will find a People section showing above the Keywords section in the right-hand panel if there are any recognised faces in that selected photo (named or unnamed). If the face is unnamed you are able to type in the name if you know it (and once named, it will then appear in the general People view). If there are multiple faces on the same photo, and you want to make sure you're adding the correct name, you will find that if you hover the cursor over any of the faces in the list in the right-hand panel, a white rectangle will appear over the corresponding face in the image (but you must be in Detail view, not Grid view, for that function to work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up for Lightroom CC and this is such a major disappointment.  I was liking most things until now.  At least I am still within my trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked. And I now how it works.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, it appears you're ignoring every single one of us. What is the status?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a little blue badge at the top that says "not planned". However the thread remains open for further votes, if it gets lots, they might change their minds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three separate issues.

1. The graphical tagging in the image (drawing the little rectangle on the image) when the AI misses a face.

2. Associating a name with the image under the special People area.

3. Order of people in the image

The first would only be useful when looking at the image inside Cloudy. As such, it is not very valuable to me.

The second is critical search and other related functions.

The third aspect, I have older photos where on the back, you have the people written out matching the order/position on the image.  I would somehow like to accomplish this with the people data, maybe the ability to add an order of the people in the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/forum-usability-topics/how-to-requesting-features-ideas... regarding making feature requests and consider splitting this post into multiple distinct requests.

Thanks. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 

Will do. It is really one feature request, I just cover the related aspects, some of which have already been marked as "not planned:.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to add missing people, even if Lr cannot find the associated facial region.

This is needed for searching and finding people in the images.

If we utilize keywords, than you will get duplication and other issues and make it harder to manage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timothy_spear Make sure you are adding to and voting for those threads. Posting a separate thread when other exist falls through the cracks.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 

In this thread you mention the focus is to enhance the facial recognition engine itself.

Although this has improved, it is still lacking. Therefore, at a minimum allowing the ability to tag individuals in the People section without using keywords and facial regions is foundational to solving this issue. Adding this feature will also do a lot to reduce the pressure to develop the "perfect" facial recognition AI.

Never let perfection be the enemy of good. You see this applied to many areas of LightRoom Desktop, why not to this part of the application?

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe team,

I've been using Lightroom CC for one year now, on a PC and an iPad.

However great the software is, there seems to be a few critical features still missing.

One of them is the way people & faces are tags.

One thing you will never be able to prevent: the algorithm will never be able to recognise 100% of appearances for one person. There will always be many reasons for someone even in the middle of a sharp picture, which the algorithm cannot recognise:

- because it's a child with a tiger face mask,

- because the person is turning his back on the picture (and you still want to keep that picture),

- because he has swimming pool glasses

- because he's swimming and covered with water

- because he's too far (and small) on the picture

- because his head is upside-down on the picture

- and so on....

For all these reasons, some features are absolutely critical to add in Lightroom CC:

1. Most importantly: be able to manually add one person / face to a photo, even if Lightoom hasn't recognised that there was someone unknown to it. Currently, you can add a tag with a name, but then you have 2 tags in LR for that person: 1 keyword + 1 person's tag. This is really suboptimal for searches.

2. Currently, using LR on the PC, the software shows you the people already recognised on the picture. So you know if someone is missing or not. However on the ipad, this is crucially missing.

Many thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

I very like the functionality that match the corresponding photos to persons. But I have some photos that I don't have the possibility to assign to specific persons. I don't see that specific section when open the Keywords section for some of my photos

Thanks

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate