• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change filenames in Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Lightroom CC (Ver. 3.3). This is the web based version. I still do not know how to call it, as the "classic" version has the same name. My system is a Mac working on Catalina 10.15.5.

I have scanned and imported lots of analog fotos. Now I want to rename them according to my nameing-philosophy. I am still used to the very helpfull tool in my older Lightroom-Version. I did not expect it to be as easy as that. But now I do not find any possiblility to change filenames in Lightroom CC. This can not be true!

Can anybody tell me how to do it?

thanks

Blues1905

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it but only by exporting copies – see web image below. If you select a batch and choose Share >> Export (icon top right) you can select a custom name for the batch and Lightroom will automatically add a sequential number to the custom name e.g. 01, 02 etc.

Export-10.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as far as "official" names of the programs is concerned, Lightroom Classic is the official name of the program that stores everything locally and Lightroom is the official name of the program you are using. However, many of the tutorials still refer to Lightroom as Lightroom CC. Even Adobe can't get it straight, so how can they expect users to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all quite unsatisfying. I really regret having switched to Lightroom CC. Thanks for the help.

Bluesy1905

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Renaming as you probably know is very easy in Classic.  Lightroom "Cloudy" as I call it has a lot handy features like this missing; unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines