• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to clean up local photo cache in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to migrate my photos from an old hard drive up to Creative Cloud. But my laptop has limited local disk space. Right now I've got about 85GB of space consumed by the local photo cache (pretty much all "originals"), and only about 20GB of free space remaining. I need to migrate another 100GB or so of photos.

I'm sure I can probably "relocate" the local photo storage onto another external hard drive, but is there any way to force a local cache purge? Once all currently imported photos are uploaded am I okay to just manually delete that local "originals" folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

You can set your photo cache is the Preferences to a smaller amount (applied after app restart).

Also as Lightroom makes a copy on it's local disc before uploading to the Cloud, it is advisable to import and upload in batches (the next import should partially replace the older one in the cache).

Also as FYI, you can only store a copy of the originals on an external drive. The main library is located on the local disc, and that is where the app inports into.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set your photo cache is the Preferences to a smaller amount (applied after app restart).

Also as Lightroom makes a copy on it's local disc before uploading to the Cloud, it is advisable to import and upload in batches (the next import should partially replace the older one in the cache).

Also as FYI, you can only store a copy of the originals on an external drive. The main library is located on the local disc, and that is where the app inports into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it safe to delete "originals" once they've been synced and backed up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I found another thread where it explains that originals are deleted based on some algorith, so I just need to wait. I'm good now - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines