• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create grey border around photo

Contributor ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a one pixel grey border around some photos and then save to jpeg on my desktop. I have tried in the print module but cannot remove the white margins around the pics. Anyone help please? I normally do it in Photoshop but want to try in LR to save time. I am using LR Classic on a iMac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lr-Classic Print module can do something like this if you set the print to 'Borderless', Maximum Cell sizes, Zoom to Fill- then add a stroke border. But at 1pixel you are 'pushing uphill' with difficulty as my Lr only shows 'Points' for the stroke, and seems to still leave some white edge.

ScreenShot192.jpg

Even better would be to download the Mogrify Plugin (Donation ware) and Export your files where Mogrify will give you options-

MOGRIFY

A 2-pixel border:

ScreenShot191.jpg

ScreenShot193.jpg

(A Comment- My Photo Club has a digital projector that cuts off one edge of a 1-pixel stroke border. 2-pixels or more project ok)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you but after several attempts I seem to have found the answer. My problem was that I had not ticked the "Custom File Dimensions" box which then enabled me to remove the white "paper size" area around the image. Regarding the stroke border yes you are correct in that LR only gives you the option of point size in stroke size selection. But I did a quick calculation via Google and saw that 1 pixel amounts to approx 0.7 of a point so it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines