• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit capture time +8 hours on multiple photos at once?

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed to adjust the time on my camera when traveling between time zones, so now I got a large amount photos for which the time is 8 hours off. It matters particularly in albums where files from other cameras are also imported and I cannot sort things properly. I am using the cloud version of LR. Is there any way this can be accomplished? So far I have only been able to edit one photo at a time, which doesn't seem to be a smart way of doing it... I recall its quite easy to do that in Classic, but what about Cloud?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just as easy in Lightroom. Select all the images, then choose 'Photo - Edit Date & Time'. Read the explanation in the dialog carefully, you will then understand that correcting one image will automatically correct the others not to the same time, but with the same time shift.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Johan. In my case, no dialog pops up. Also, it clearly states 1 photo even if selected multiple ones before starting the operation. Are you also looking at Lightroom Cloud on a Mac? Included a screenshot below that illustrates what I am looking at.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-16 um 09.42.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with 'no dialog pops up'? This is the dialog! You do not have multiple photos selected, however. Lightroom clearly says that you have only one photo selected. This is how it should look (in a language similar to your own), and yes this is a Macintosh and Lightroom 3.3:

1 2020-08-16 11-36-57.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to spot the issue. I was in the "details view", where you can also at the bottom select multiple photos (cmd + click photos) and then move them all at once to another album. When starting date change operation from there, it shows the 1 just as in my earlier screenshot even though I selected multiple photos. Maybe you replicate that... If I change to a different view, it works. I think it should work either way maybe thats sth for Adobe to fix it. 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-16 um 17.05.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is normal behavior. You should be in a grid view, not in details view. Adobe should not fix that because this is intentional. If you could change multiple images while in Detail view, then you could easily change multiple images unintentionally. Especially when you do not have activated the film strip, so you only see a single image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me it is a little misleading that in film strip view, you can select multiple and move them around but then not perform this operation on them. Anyways, I don't think we have to agree on that, different users have different preferences, and even different intuition when it comes to the functionality of this and other software. Many thanks for your assistance and kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is how it is. This is how Lightroom Classic has always been working, so it makes sense that Lightroom desktop works this way too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines