• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export "as shot" white balance

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a photo of the sun with the smokey sky this morning on my Pixel and of course it was white balanced to make the clouds more gray tyhan they actually appear which is more orange. I imported the JPEG to Lightroom and I can choose "As shot" and see what I saw with my eye, a more orange sky. So I save this then attemtp to export back to JPEG but the result is gray again. How can I get LR ro save the "as shot" and not apply the white balance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with white balance on JPEG images is a little more difficult because you don't have all the different choices like you do with a raw image. I would try adjusting the white balance with the slider to get the results that you want and then export to a different file format such as TIF. Then export the TIF as a JPEG and see if that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim, I did a similar work-around. I know my camera is saving it as a transformation somehow in the image metadata, but I can't find any explanation of how. It's obviosuly doing it in a similar manor that RAW does. If anyone can link me to an article on how it's savedin JPEG and how it can be removed, I'd appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the capability to shoot raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was on my mornign walk so I didn't have my DSLR. It was a cell phone snapshot with the Google camera app. I looked for a RAW option but after a minute of looking I gave up.

I've run into this problem before and have wanted to fix JPEG snapshots for myself and my friends. I can change the setting in LR to "As Shot" and I see what I want, but when it exports to JPEG the AWB is applied again. It just seems that with a powerfull application like LR I should be able to remove it when I export so if I want to post on spcial media how red the clouds are here, it looks like it is.

I've never beleived that all photos should be white balanced. Sometime the glow of incandescent like or fire is the way it should be saved. Or in this case, the red dawn with a nearly invisible sun. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines