Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to filter raw files or jpeg inside an album? Lightroom Mobile

Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

How can I filter between jpeg and raw files in Lightroom Mobile?

Thanks,

Luca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Hi Luca, 

Lightroom mobile shows a "raw" or "dng" tag on top of the image thumbnail. You can further sort images by name, date and other fields. You may also choose to import only raw or jpeg images. See https://helpx.adobe.com/in/mobile-apps/help/lightroom-mobile-faq.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

I normally use the search icon after selecting an album. Typing .cr2 into the search box and hitting return brings up all my raw file results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Select the album, then type "exension" (without the quotes) into the search box.....that will list all the different file-types in the selected album. Tap on one to reduce the selection to just files with that extension (or just type the extension directly into the search box as 99jon suggests).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luca, 

Lightroom mobile shows a "raw" or "dng" tag on top of the image thumbnail. You can further sort images by name, date and other fields. You may also choose to import only raw or jpeg images. See https://helpx.adobe.com/in/mobile-apps/help/lightroom-mobile-faq.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally use the search icon after selecting an album. Typing .cr2 into the search box and hitting return brings up all my raw file results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not working, this also lists smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course it does, smart previews are "proxies" of the original images. If you want to exclude smart previews from your search, you can additionally use the Sync Status on the Filter Bar, selecting "Synced and Backed Up" will show only files stored in the cloud as originals, whereas selecting "Synced from Lightroom Classic" would only show the smart preview proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the album, then type "exension" (without the quotes) into the search box.....that will list all the different file-types in the selected album. Tap on one to reduce the selection to just files with that extension (or just type the extension directly into the search box as 99jon suggests).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the answers. I found out that if I type only "e" in the search field I get all the possible extensions that I can filter. For some reasons on my smartphone "extension" and "jpg" don't work.

Thanks again,

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding a colon

extension:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines