Highlighted

How to find and remove duplicate in Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I migrated my icloud photo collection (120.000 images) to Lightroom CC recently. Somehow my Lightroom collection contains a lot of duplicates images (master doubles, master/low res doubles etc...).

How can I find and remove duplicates and/or similar images in Lightroom CC (not Classic)? It is not a realistic option to manually find these duplicates with these amount of photos so there must be a way to let the computer do that?

Best,

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to find and remove duplicate in Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I migrated my icloud photo collection (120.000 images) to Lightroom CC recently. Somehow my Lightroom collection contains a lot of duplicates images (master doubles, master/low res doubles etc...).

How can I find and remove duplicates and/or similar images in Lightroom CC (not Classic)? It is not a realistic option to manually find these duplicates with these amount of photos so there must be a way to let the computer do that?

Best,

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CvT,

Sorry to hear that. Could you please explain how you started the import in Lightroom CC? Did you exported all the images out from iCloud and then imported them into Lightroom CC. Does the duplicate images have a different name?

Please refer the below discussion to get some idea about the correct import workflow for Lightroom CC from different applications.

Remove Uploaded Duplicates After Migrating To Lightroom CC

Regards,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm coming from LR classic, just made the transition to CC. I have nearly all my pictures in duplicates. That's really bad, and I just can't delete them one by one... What can I do ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link does not even exist anymore...
Why is there no feature to remove duplicates?
Simplest explanation on how they are created in todays world:
Whatsapp does differentiate between sent and received images. Therefore images you received or send, are both saved an therefore you have your original high resolution image and the one, that you sent, which gets cropped and downscaled. I got at least 3000 duplicates in my lightroom now...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Any news on the issue above?

I am experiencing similar problem and Im struggling to find relevant answer.

Thanks,

M

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any answer to this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 2
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Somehow last couple of weeks my collection doubled or nearly doubled.  I have tons of duplicates.  I use lightroom classic as my primary and lightroom CC is just synced from it.  I have 50k in the classic and over 80k in CC suddenly.  I am not sure how the additions occured or where they came from.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say I have exactly same issue. Maybe it's better for me to re-import all images again from Classic. Don't want to spoil the party but CC still seems a beta compared with Classic. Not sure why Adobe is hell bent on migrating us to a worse product

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 1
Explorer ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too need this feature. When I migrated from Lightroom Classic to CC it only successfully migrated my collections. All the folders I had were just dumped into a single folder and album in CC. I'll note that it only succesfully took applied profiles for photos in collections.. and the mass dump folder has 0 edits at all. Great. That's thousands of photos. Now I have to manually go through them all to re-organize.. and I am finding this creates duplicates between the collections that were successful and the other giant folder Lightroom created. 

I'm blown away that they have such a great feature for facial recognition that is automated.. and no feature to find and remove duplicates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Plus, images that have been downloaded after the migration are also doubling and trippling.  I think they reproduce overnight!  "The Trouble With Tribbles"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the generation of all the photo duplicates is caused by Windows but try to get Microsoft to admit to it.  I get photo duplicates just using the select and delete features of Windows.  It is a real problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0