• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to get an older version of Lightroom

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get an older version of Lightroom. The newest update is not supported by my iMac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Creative Cloud desktop app, in the All Apps section you should see a list of Installed Apps. Click on the three dot icon at the right-hand side of the entry for Lightroom and a sub-menu appears. Click on "Other Versions", and that should give you the option of installing the previous version. Depending on your subscription plan you may see an entry for Lightroom and/or another entry for Lightroom Classic.....make sure you install the correct older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom_noPrevVersion.png

This is the part of adobe that drives me up a wall (dare I say, "hate"). The option I'm supposed to click simply isnt there. No idea why. Anyone else? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem like the other guy here. The option "other version" does not apear there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that answer. She helped me a lot !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "older" version of Lightroom are you  looking for? What operating system is running on your iMac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the last version( before version 4) because my iMac does not support the last version. My iMac is late 2010. I need to install Big Sur to run latest Lightroom. My iMac can not do that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open the creative cloud application manager and click on the "…" next to Lightroom, there is an option to install Lightroom 3.4. You would have to uninstall 4.0 first. But I don't believe Big Sur is a requirement for 4.0. There have been questions raised about whether or not it would run under Big Sur, but that OS isn't a requirement

Screenshot 2020-12-06 103303.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come back just to vent because I'm a little peeved off right now. I scoured my entre house, but found my old disk (Lightroom 6... despite the "current version" being 4... go figure). Had to BUY an external CD/DVD player to install it, since PCs don't typically come with CD drives anymore. After getting everything installed and enterin my registration code - I'm told the application is already installed on the max number of computers. Through digging - there are multiple pages taht tell you how to fix this, from the "managing activations" section and whatnot - but they only apply to creative cloud apps, not the standalone ones. So, all in all I've wasted a ton of time and additional money and I'm no closer to where I was when I started. I'm so ticked off by this point that my next step will be to try and get someone from adobe on the phone and cuss then out for anything and everything whether they help or not. There's no freaking reason they should force a regsitration usage on a PC that def hasn't been used in over 5 years.... WTF?! If youre building little cookie viruses into the app to ensure people aren't pirating it, then for the love of GOD use taht infrmation and don't force me into a corner where I have no ability to deactivate wherever the hell you think my sessions are... for christs sake... just one in a long line of reasons I really hate adobe right now... If they even still just sold a stand-alone version of lightroom this wouldn't even be a problem...

screw the whole thing. I'm done with lightroom. I'll use a free app like GIMP even if it's not the same or as good. Screw you adobe... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

creative cloud application manager ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, blame Adobe for the naming convention. The name Lightroom now applies to the version that stores images in the cloud. Lightroom Classic is the name of version that replaced the one you are using. Lightroom (for the cloud) is currently at version 4. If you know how to get into your account then you should be able to deactivate one or both of your old installations so that you can continue Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines