• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get my photos from my old Lightroom 5 program?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I updated my operating system to MacOS 11.1, I found out that my Lightroom 5 program, which I've had for several years, is no longer supported. I upgraded to the subscription service, but I don't know how to get everything I had on my previous Lightroom 5 back. Are there step by step instructions that someone can please provide to me?

Thanks! - Melissa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are upgrading to Lightroom Classic then all you need to do is install the program and run it. Lightroom Classic will find your Lightroom 5 catalog and prompt you to upgrade it. Agree to do that, and Classic will create a new copy of that old catalog that is compatible with Classic, and you should be able to continue working with no interruption, all editing that you completed previously should still be intact.

If you are upgrading to Lightroom, the new cloud-based Lightroom, then it will be necessary for you to install the trial version of Lightroom classic long enough to enable it to create that upgraded copy of the catalog. Then you will be able to migrate that catalog to Lightroom, and all your images will be in the cloud.

That is a very basic, beginning answer to your question. Feel free to ask further. Lightroom Classic is the version that works very similarly to what you are accustomed to. Lightroom is a newer version and isn't quite as feature rich at this time. My advice to you would be to choose carefully. Ensure that the choice you make is going to meet your expectations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines