Highlighted

How to merge two Lightroom CC Catalogs (not classic)

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! After a few months of using photoshop lightroom CC (NOT classic), I realized I could get a free account through my school. I made a new account with my school email and logged into it on my PC. For some reason, this created a separate catalog that did not include the ~1,000 pictures I had previously had in Lightroom. At the time I didn't really care about this but since then I have been unable to find ANY way to merge that old catalog with my new one. I can see the catalog on my PC and it has a folder with all of the original photos, but I want to keep whatever edits were made. Please let me know how I should go about this. Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jao vdL | Adobe Community Professional

You should go to Adobe.com and download the Lightroom downloader: https://lightroom.adobe.com/lightroom-downloader 

Make sure you are logged on using your old account. Run the downloader (first make sure you have enough disk space to do this) and download all the images from the cloud account. It will download all the settings into xmp sidecar files. When that is done, logon to the new cloud account and import all the images that you just downloaded. Note that you will need twice the storage available for the import as the total size of the old library in the cloud. If you don't have that much storage, you can import the images in batches and wait until they have synced to the cloud before importing the next batch.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to merge two Lightroom CC Catalogs (not classic)

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! After a few months of using photoshop lightroom CC (NOT classic), I realized I could get a free account through my school. I made a new account with my school email and logged into it on my PC. For some reason, this created a separate catalog that did not include the ~1,000 pictures I had previously had in Lightroom. At the time I didn't really care about this but since then I have been unable to find ANY way to merge that old catalog with my new one. I can see the catalog on my PC and it has a folder with all of the original photos, but I want to keep whatever edits were made. Please let me know how I should go about this. Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jao vdL | Adobe Community Professional

You should go to Adobe.com and download the Lightroom downloader: https://lightroom.adobe.com/lightroom-downloader 

Make sure you are logged on using your old account. Run the downloader (first make sure you have enough disk space to do this) and download all the images from the cloud account. It will download all the settings into xmp sidecar files. When that is done, logon to the new cloud account and import all the images that you just downloaded. Note that you will need twice the storage available for the import as the total size of the old library in the cloud. If you don't have that much storage, you can import the images in batches and wait until they have synced to the cloud before importing the next batch.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 0