Highlighted

How to move Lightroom CC catalog to another Adobe Account?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a work CC account I've used for Lightroom CC, but I'd like to move to a personal account. What is the best way to migrate my entire Lightroom catalog (folder, albums, and all) to another account?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to move Lightroom CC catalog to another Adobe Account?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a work CC account I've used for Lightroom CC, but I'd like to move to a personal account. What is the best way to migrate my entire Lightroom catalog (folder, albums, and all) to another account?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify which version of Lightroom you're referring to: the desktop-based version (LR CC2015 or it's updated version LR Classic), or the new cloud-based version LRCC? One's easy to switch, the other's not so easy....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to LRCC, the new cloud-based version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the new cloud-based Lightroom CC does not utilize a catalog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that's good to know. I don't know what the term is for my entire collection of photos, then, but that is what I need to move to another account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'll have to defer on that one. I don't know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess  wrote

But the new cloud-based Lightroom CC does not utilize a catalog.

Actually it does, Jim, just not in the format that you know from the desktop version. It's cloud-based, but there's also a locally held version.

The problem in this instance is that whereas the desktop-based Lightroom catalog isn't connected to any specific Adobe ID, the LRCC cloud-based assets are. So I don't know of any easy procedural way to "migrate" the cloud-based assets from one Adobe ID to another. It might be possible to cobble something together by downloading all existing cloud assets into an empty LR Classic catalog, then switching to the new Adobe ID, starting LRCC and adding all the downloaded assets to it (or using the catalog migration tool in LRCC). Of course, it means uploading all assets again, but at least that way all the edit work done on the first ID would be saved (but not any keywords).

To be honest, I think the first port of call should be Adobe Customer Care, they might have thought of this possibility and have an internal method for switching existing cloud assets from one account to another, without any loss of work. Won't hurt to ask.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW - I talked to Adobe support and they had no solution for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the very same boat. Does anyone have an answer on this? I have a work based account I have been using but I want to know if I can migrate my entire cloud based photo library/collection/whatever its called to a different adobe ID account if needed.

Thanks!

Lawrence

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution? I'm dealing with the same problem. I've been using my dad's Creative Cloud account for almost 3 years now but I've finally created my own. I simply want to move all my project files from his account onto mine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. I never found a good solution—I just had to manually upload all my files from one account to the other. It was a pain but it got done in a few hours and it's all consolidated now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you download and upload the files with as projects? (with adjustments etc) I have a lot of photos on my old expired Adobe ID that I want to move to my new Adobe student ID.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I had the same problem. Basically you have to export the folder as a catalog (which saves all the adjustments) - you can then save this on your laptop/computer. Then log into your new adobe student account and import the catalog.

Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe provide a free Lightroom Downloader to retrieve everything that is in the cloud. You can then upload it all again. But while the download folder contains xmp files with the adjustments, titles and captions, ratings and keywords, it doesn't contain the album or LRCC's so-called "folder" structure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines