• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to MOVE photos from one album to another?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I normally import all my photos into one temporary album and then I want to drag and drop them to other albums.

How can I move the pictures with drag and drop from one album to another? If I select photos, drag and drop them to a new one, they will still stay in the original album and I have to remove them manually... Is there a possibility to simply move them?

Using Lightroom (CC) for MacOS, the latest version...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is best done on the Mobile App at the moment.

Here is my feature request for the Desktop App, please vote for it!

Lightroom CC: Ability to move image to album (like iOS version) | Photoshop Family Customer Communit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fact this is two years old is completely crazy.  I really want to love the desktop version, the mobile is great for all my on-the-go editing, but it's strange that desktop is missing features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this in the web app from your browser. Select the thumbnails to be moved (check-mark top right) and choose “Move to” from the blue menu strip that appears above the thumbnails. You can choose an existing album or create a new one. See image below.

Log-in here:

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Move-in-LR-Web.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines