• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open Lightroom catalog from external drive.

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom catalogue was moved onto an external harddrive because my laptop drive was full.  How do I open Lightroom so that it recognizes my external drive?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

In order to navigate to your catalog on external drive, hold down the Option/ALT key while launching Lightroom Classic.

Now you should see a screen that prompts you to select a catalog. Click on "Choose a different catalog" and navigate to your external drive.

hhh.png

Also, which version of Lightroom are you using and what is your computer's OS? I am assuming that you are using Lightroom Classic, please confirm so that we can move this discussion to the Lightroom Classic community.

For more catalog related issues, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightroom.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines