• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to search for file names?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I type in any file name, even for the currently selected picrte, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.3. never finds a single picture.

How do I find pictures in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.3 by file name?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Yes. Lightroom uses Sensei, the A.I. that runs on the Adobe servers and uses your cloud storage to analyse pictures and auto-tag them. No doubt the file name is part of that process, so searching on file name will only work when the file is fully uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you typed the correct name? You have to type it from the first letter, you can't search for a part in the middle of the name. And select 'All Photographs' first, otherwise you may be searching in an album that does not contain the particular image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, of course I tried all kind of writings (complete name, part of the name, including/excluding extension, capital letters and so one). I even copied the file names from pictures inbetween Lightroom directly from the info tab and just pasted it into the search field. The result is always the same: no pictures are found.

However these are huge RAW files, which aren't synced yet fully into the cloud. Does the search only work correctly when all pcitures are uploaded and somwhow analyzed in the cloud? So the search doesn't work on a local basis but via the cloud library management system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Lightroom uses Sensei, the A.I. that runs on the Adobe servers and uses your cloud storage to analyse pictures and auto-tag them. No doubt the file name is part of that process, so searching on file name will only work when the file is fully uploaded.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains the situation, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine are fully uploaded but will not allow for a multiple file name search separated by commas...the file names go in as separate searches, but nothing appears.  Only works when I search an individual file name.  Seems broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AFAIK, multiple word searches in Lightroom are AND queries. So if you search for filename 'A,B', then Lightroom will search for a file name that contains A and B, not A or B.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines