• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to select identical photos with different extension?

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear, 

I am using LR CC on all of my devices (Win, Mac and all mobile platforms).

After integrating all of my photo sources, I realised that I have some of my heif or RAW-files as well as a jpg. Since stacking is seemingly not supported, how can I identify these  pictures (which have the same name but a different extension) to bulk delete them?

Thank you for your suggestions,

Best regards,

Gilhin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Dear,

just as a feedback. Unfortunately, I was unable to find an automated solution - so I had to take the long way, which was to choose all pictures made by iPhone (which should generally be in HEIC) in JPG, mark them as rejected and then compare all photos by screening all photos made by iPhone to unmark photos that are no doublettes. Finally, I did the same for another camera.

After doing so, I just had to delete the suspected doublettes by selecting all rejected photos. 

It took a long time and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does searching for the full file name without the extension help? i.e. DSC_0041

Is this what you are trying to achieve? As there are JPEGs and NEFs showing for

me.

Also, you can stack on Mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback.

This would help, but does not really solve my issues for me, since I would need to check every file manually.

I was rather hoping for a solution like searching for pictures with an identical name, but different extensions.

If stacking works for Windows and Mac, would identical pictures be stacked automatically and can I search for stacked pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear,

just as a feedback. Unfortunately, I was unable to find an automated solution - so I had to take the long way, which was to choose all pictures made by iPhone (which should generally be in HEIC) in JPG, mark them as rejected and then compare all photos by screening all photos made by iPhone to unmark photos that are no doublettes. Finally, I did the same for another camera.

After doing so, I just had to delete the suspected doublettes by selecting all rejected photos. 

It took a long time and is not really solving all issues (e.g. identifying doublettes that arose from making a photo and sending it via a messenger), but maybe Adobe will take care of this at some point.

Regards,

Gilhin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines