• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to switch local storage in lightroom photoshop

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I dont like the whole cloud storage with Photoshop Lightroom so I just pause uploading (I use photoshop lightroom because it looks better than creative classic), But it stores on my c drive? my small SSD. I don't want this, How do I switch the "available space on C:) to be a different drive, it uses up all my space instead of using my 10tb HDD. Lightroom is even installed on a different drive so why is it trying to put photo caches on c drive. Even switching Storage location for originals doesn't work. any help?

nates70333311_0-1589428384117.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Catalog currently always has to reside on the C drive, you can add your vote to the feature request here to change that:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/when-specifying-a-storage-location-on-a-diffe...

I think the problem may be that on the initial import, the application imports to the Catalog before uploading to the Cloud and purges these local files as per a percentage set in the preferences. After this you can store a copy of the originals that are in the Cloud at a location of your choice. As you are not uploading to the Cloud the photos are still in your local library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines