Highlighted

How to switch to Photoshop with two pictures and come back later to Lightroom

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Lightroom 3.2.1 which is part of the Creative Cloud membership that I have. Sometimes I want to bring two images (different exposures for instance) to photoshop as layers, edit them there and then switch back to Lightroom with the resulting photo. 

I find it really hard to do so, I don't see any option when right clicking on both images simultaneously. There's an option "Edit in Photoshop" but it's greyed out, probably because I selected two pictures. I saw some videos on Youtube where people can do it but they must probably be using an older or another version of Lightroom. 

Is there a way to do it? I believe there is, as it is such a necessary steps for many landscape photographers for instance.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best,

Sam

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to switch to Photoshop with two pictures and come back later to Lightroom

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Lightroom 3.2.1 which is part of the Creative Cloud membership that I have. Sometimes I want to bring two images (different exposures for instance) to photoshop as layers, edit them there and then switch back to Lightroom with the resulting photo. 

I find it really hard to do so, I don't see any option when right clicking on both images simultaneously. There's an option "Edit in Photoshop" but it's greyed out, probably because I selected two pictures. I saw some videos on Youtube where people can do it but they must probably be using an older or another version of Lightroom. 

Is there a way to do it? I believe there is, as it is such a necessary steps for many landscape photographers for instance.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best,

Sam

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you can do is open one image in Photoshop, then go back to Lightroom and open the other image in Photoshop. Then drag and drop one of the pictures onto the other to get the two pictures as one file with two layers. After you've done that you can close the image you dragged, so you only have the image with two layers in Photoshop. If you hit 'Save', this image will come back in Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 1