• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: How to turn off auto-import from camera roll?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn off the auto-import feature that imports into LR all the photos I put in my camera roll on my mobile device (iPad)?  I don't want this auto-import feature on my mobile device. I want to choose which photos in my camera roll to import into LR, then import them individually. How do I change this setting?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

This is NOT correct answer.  I think they recently changed the UI on Lr mobile version.  You cannot find "General" any more.  The correct answer right now is:

1. "Setting" (wheel icon on top right corner)

2. "Import"

3. "Auto Addd From Camera Roll" > Turn off

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the LR icon when you go all the way up to the top level. Tap on General and you will see settings for "auto add Photos" and "auto add videos" that you want to turn off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that answers my question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that answers my question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wish Adobe could've been smart enough to make it default turned off. Now my Creative Cloud is completely cluttered with thousands and even more thousands of printscreens and random crap images from my camera roll that I certainly don't want to have in my Lightroom Catalog, and there's no way to remove them but manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT correct answer.  I think they recently changed the UI on Lr mobile version.  You cannot find "General" any more.  The correct answer right now is:

1. "Setting" (wheel icon on top right corner)

2. "Import"

3. "Auto Addd From Camera Roll" > Turn off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bless you! Now does anyone know how to undo/get rid of the thousands of auto imported photos that this setting caused? My cloud space is bursting at the seams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My general tab doesn't have your option for imports. I'm using LRC from Creative Cloud. It's a monthly subscription. Nothing similar to your suggestion. Anything else for me to try. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no LR icon at the top level of the Lightroom mobile app on my iphone or my ipad. How do I turn the damned thing off? Everywhere I look on the internet the advice is to go to the top level, but I cant see the icon there. Its not under settings though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found it! It's nothing like the instructions above, may the software has changed. Its hidden away under the settings in a section called IMPORT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The auto-import, while it was active caused all sorts of problems. Probably caused by old phone or ipad that I wiped before selling, but the pictures were still clogging up the mobile synchronise system. Eventually I was getting messages saying "synchronising 3000+ images" but nothing was happening and worse still, none of my actual collections were actually syncing. Eventually I solved it by deleting all mobile Lightroom apps, then switching off sync for all my desktop collections, and then going online and deleting everything from "all photos" and "deleted photos".  I reinstalled the apps and checked that nothing was syncing to them (and took care to reject auto sync when the apps first started up) then on the desktop version ticked the sync boxes again for collections, and finally it all started working perfectly again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!  this was driving me crazy too.  

finally found the little bugger and shut it off.  no more weirdo screenshots in my Lr catalog!YAY (well, I hope not anyway)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you! This was making me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with the same issue now, can't find the way Lithroom picking up all my 15k pictures from the phone to all my devices 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, such ridiculous UI from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked. Finding info online about Lightroom Mobile is so hard since the majority of help online is for Lightroom Classic and everyone referes to them both just as "Lightroom". They are significantly differnt apps.

In the mobile app on my iphone I was able to click SETTINGS > IMPORT > under the top head line that says AUTO ADD FROM CAMERA ROLL could turn off the PHOTOS button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve!!! Found it right away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just posted a bug about this today. I did find the setting, turned it off, but still auto import starts as soon as I launch the app. Infuriating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the Same problem auto import is off but all pictures from lightroom mobile synced to lightroom classic

its a mess !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an iPad the photos might be syncing from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines