• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Turn off Tool Tips

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the hints were cool and helpful for the first 10 seconds, but every time i hover over a tool i get a helpful yet extremely annoying hint about what that tool does. i have looked and cant seem to find out how to turn it off, someone please shed some light on how i would turn these off its driving me batty   

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Features:

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The April 2023 updates have implemented this feature request.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, for right now you just deal with it. Or, don't hover over the name of the tool. There isn't a real preferences section to deal with in Lightroom CC at this point. Give the program a little more time to grow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally mouse over the text labels in the develop module a lot.

I am always greeted by an 2 by 2 inches popup which:

a) distracts me from what I am doing, that is developing photos, not reading tutorials
b) covers up a part of my working document while the popup persists

I would like to see the popup made optional for those who prefer more talkative and distracted workflow.

Yours:
Petri Sirkkala

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just trying Lightroom CC having been a Lightroom classic user for many years.  If I can not stop this useless and annoying pop up crap today, constantly interrupting me, I will be uninstalling this useless version and discouraging anyone who asks me from ever using it.

It is rare to find anything as annoying as 'help' only the rarest nube would need to see and then making it impossible to turn it off. 

It is not a feature, it is just an  annoying useless intrusion. If this was my first experience with Adobe products, the last hour would be the last experience with Adobe products I ever had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that they get less at you use the tools more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I uninstalled it. I have no patience for unnecessary interruptions of my processes. Almost every system has some of this but the arrogance of not allowing it to be turned off exceeds my tolerance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

msimon_arizona  wrote

Thanks.  I uninstalled it. I have no patience for unnecessary interruptions of my processes. Almost every system has some of this but the arrogance of not allowing it to be turned off exceeds my tolerance.

It's a no win for Adobe. When they provide users with ability to disable the hints, said users forget that they did so, then come here to complain about the absence of adequate hints and tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Childish, intrusive and annoying... pls add the option to disable this nuisance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can a feature be added to turn pop up tool tips off? I find it very distracting when editing my photos and having the tool tips pop up telling me what the tool does. Maybe a longer hover over the name of the tool triggers a pop up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a preference should take care of that. In Tools, turn off Rich Tool Tips and you shouldn't be annoyed anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. Sorry about not knowing what app was being referred to. Those tool tips are in everything, aren't they?<G>

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Please! Particularly on the noise sliders, it seems the hover time is like half a millisecond before they turn on. Particularly annoying when working in black and white and the tips pop up in color. Grrr. Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hovering over a slider for any amount of time brings up a very distracting tool tip, particularly the noise sliders. Dudes, I get in the zone while editing and nothing brings me out quicker than a slider tip showing me how to do what I am already doing. Helpful at first, annoying the nine hundredth time. Pretty please add a preference to let me turn them off. Thank you ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These comments were from 8-9-months ago....Still we get this annoying 'feature'.!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still not updated. This is extremely annoying and Adobe doesn't seem to be interested in fixing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the things that I like the least about LR CC and makes me want to stay on Classic. I've used LR since version 2.0 - I don't need popups to hold my hand every fifteen seconds. Probably a great feature for someone who's never touched LR before though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great feature to all who never wish they had a manual for the program they pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do people not understand technology so thoroughly?  Just search a tutorial on YouTube or play around a bit or just don't click on settings you don't understand, like disabling hints.  I just started trying to use Lightroom CC for the convenience and organization between devices and cloud, and these hints are already driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 now, two years since people have been complaining about this. How do I turn these giant bubbles off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please integrate an option to disable these. These are becoming unbearable and unnecessarily intrusive for “professional“ grade software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that. Tool tips are unnecessary. Especially for users like me who have been using Lightroom since version 1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like all the other comments, I find these tooltips intrusive and annoying.  After using LR for as long as I have, I don't need them.  Please align Lightroom with Photoshop and provide the option to switch tooltips off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also find these pop-up tool tips annoying they consistently block the photo I am trying to edit. I understand how these may be necessary and essential to a beginner, but for someone who knows what they are doing I believe these tool tips only provided frustration. Please enable a toggle somewhere to get rid of these. Even clicking out of the tool doesn't get rid of the pop-up it just sits there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC version 4.3

Please build into the menu settings a way for users to turn off the recurring and annoying tool tips, dialogue boxes, suggestions, or whatever the pop-ups are called.  Despite assurances from Adobe customer care, the pop-ups do not go away over time & usage of the program.  I'm using M1 chip Mac computers.  Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Capture One-- most if not all of the professional and consumer software programs enable   users to change their settings to turn off certain welcoming pages or tutorial pop-ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched around a bit and couldn't find the answer. Couldnt find it in Preference either. Those tips or whatnot keep showing up nonstop. Super annoying. How do I turn it off? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tool Tips are not user-controllable. The time interval should lengthen the more you use the program. If you would like to request this as a future feature, I am sure others would vote for it. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate