Highlighted

How to turn off hints in lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the hints were cool and helpful for the first 10 seconds, but every time i hover over a tool i get a helpful yet extremely annoying hint about what that tool does. i have looked and cant seem to find out how to turn it off, someone please shed some light on how i would turn these off its driving me batty   

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

As far as I know, for right now you just deal with it. Or, don't hover over the name of the tool. There isn't a real preferences section to deal with in Lightroom CC at this point. Give the program a little more time to grow up.

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

How to turn off hints in lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the hints were cool and helpful for the first 10 seconds, but every time i hover over a tool i get a helpful yet extremely annoying hint about what that tool does. i have looked and cant seem to find out how to turn it off, someone please shed some light on how i would turn these off its driving me batty   

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

As far as I know, for right now you just deal with it. Or, don't hover over the name of the tool. There isn't a real preferences section to deal with in Lightroom CC at this point. Give the program a little more time to grow up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just trying Lightroom CC having been a Lightroom classic user for many years.  If I can not stop this useless and annoying pop up crap today, constantly interrupting me, I will be uninstalling this useless version and discouraging anyone who asks me from ever using it.

It is rare to find anything as annoying as 'help' only the rarest nube would need to see and then making it impossible to turn it off. 

It is not a feature, it is just an  annoying useless intrusion. If this was my first experience with Adobe products, the last hour would be the last experience with Adobe products I ever had.

Translate

Translate

Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that they get less at you use the tools more.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I uninstalled it. I have no patience for unnecessary interruptions of my processes. Almost every system has some of this but the arrogance of not allowing it to be turned off exceeds my tolerance.

Translate

Translate

Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

msimon_arizona  wrote

Thanks.  I uninstalled it. I have no patience for unnecessary interruptions of my processes. Almost every system has some of this but the arrogance of not allowing it to be turned off exceeds my tolerance.

It's a no win for Adobe. When they provide users with ability to disable the hints, said users forget that they did so, then come here to complain about the absence of adequate hints and tips.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do people not understand technology so thoroughly?  Just search a tutorial on YouTube or play around a bit or just don't click on settings you don't understand, like disabling hints.  I just started trying to use Lightroom CC for the convenience and organization between devices and cloud, and these hints are already driving me crazy.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 now, two years since people have been complaining about this. How do I turn these giant bubbles off?

Translate

Translate