• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use 3-month redemption code while having a current LR subscription?

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently bought a Leica Q2. It came with a 3-month Photography plan membership. The link must be redeemed by 7.01.2021. 

I am currently using the Lightroom (cloud version) with a 12-month redeemed code for the 1 TB plan. It expires on 19.02.2021. 

So what is best to do? I currently use 300 GB of storage and the 3-month Leica code has only 20 GB. Will my photos disappear and when will this happen if I activate the Leica link let's say on 6.01.2021? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a quandry!

IMO you are possibly better off just ignoring the 3-month offer! and stick with Lightroom (Cloud version).

Why I say this?

The 3-month 'Photography Plan' subscription will lock you into a 12-month obligation with the first 3-months free.

If you ask Adobe to 'swap' you to the Photography Plan 1Tb (from the Lightroom Plan 1Tb), then you would also need to pay for the that 1Tb Cloud storage you need (above the 20Gb). ie the US$19.99 Plan-

ScreenShot273.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.

Are you sure that if I redeem the code I will be locked into a 12-month obligation for the Photography plan? 

Given the fact I already am on the Lightroom plan, won't they be working together at the same time (so I will have a total of 1020 GB and be able to use LRC and PS)? And after the 3 months pass, I thought this plan will cancel and I will remain with my Lightroom 1TB plan. I have two more 12-month vouchers I bought from Amazon for this plan which I will redeem before my current plan expires. I think I can redeem one of them even now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Am I Sure? No. Sorry. I have not found a link that suggests what happens after the 3-months. (Does it 'end' or are you committed to a further 12 months?)

I am not a lawyer, and have difficulty interpreting the jargon, and no personal experience with this situation.! CONTACT CUSTOMER CARE 

My understanding is that- if you want to use BOTH Lr and LrC (with your 300Gb of Cloud images) then you are going to need to change your Plan to the 'Photography Plan (1Tb) at the US$19.99/m and then use the 3-month redemption to extend your subscription.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-plan.html

And- FAQs    https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/faq/CCPp.html

From this link- https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html

"If you redeem a different plan with the same Adobe ID:

• Your subscription runs parallel to your existing paid subscription. For example, consider a scenario where you have an existing subscription to the Creative Cloud Photography plan with 20 GB of storage. However, you have a redemption code for the Creative Cloud All Apps plan. In this case, if you redeem the redemption code, your subscription to Creative Cloud All Apps runs concurrently with the existing Creative Cloud Photography plan"
Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines