Exit

How to use LR CC to get presets for LR mobile

Participant ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I‘ve been using LR Classic exclusively.

But now I’d like to sync my mobile LR to my laptop to make use of all my presets. I understand that in order to do that I need to download LR CC and use that.

My question is: how can I use LR CC to sync with only the images that I’m interested in applying  presets to? Or only the small amount of images that I’m sharing online?

i don’t want to have my entire catalog in the Cloud.

I just want access to my presets on my iPhone.

Is there a way to do this? I’d be most grateful for instructions or a strategy on how to do this. I have lots of very useful presets and I‘d like to be able to use them on my iPhone so i could do more post-processing on it.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

eye=art  wrote

You don't have to have your entire catalog in the cloud. The LRCC desktop app operates exactly the same as the LRCC mobile or LRCC web apps....there's only one cloud, so whatever you've already uploaded to it will appear in the LRCC desktop app when you first start it. Going forward, any images you import into any of the LRCC apps will automatically upload to the cloud, but the only images in your Classic catalog that upload (and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eye=art  wrote

You don't have to have your entire catalog in the cloud. The LRCC desktop app operates exactly the same as the LRCC mobile or LRCC web apps....there's only one cloud, so whatever you've already uploaded to it will appear in the LRCC desktop app when you first start it. Going forward, any images you import into any of the LRCC apps will automatically upload to the cloud, but the only images in your Classic catalog that upload (and that'll only be smart previews) will be the ones that YOU decide to upload.....nothing is automatically uploaded from Classic, you have to choose to make it happen.

Once you have used the LRCC desktop app to import your presets, so that they sync to your LRCC mobile app, you don't have to even run it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jim says, only the photos already sync’d from Classic collections will show up when you first launch the cloud version of Lightroom on the desktop.

Provided you use the same Adobe ID and have a valid subscription your profiles & presets should sync automatically. This is a onetime operation.

If you subsequently update or create any new presets you will need to import them from the Camera Raw settings folder.

See if this blog helps.

Julieanne Kost's Blog | Syncing Profiles and Presets from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines