• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huawei P20Pro raw files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...I've just got myself a Huawei P20Pro to benefit from the raw capability.  However, the raw files appear in the mobile version of LR on my tablet with a severe vignette and I'm not sure how to fix this as the app doesn't have a preset profile for lens correction for my phone.  Has anyone any experience of using this phone with LR? Ideally I'd like to have a preset that is added every time a raw file is imported. Sorry if this is a simple thing...I'm finding LR a steep learning curve!

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the raw file captured? Is it a composite DNG from the triple system?

I’ve not used the phone but the specs & blurb say: “Take perfect photos every time, with the world's first 40MP Leica Triple Camera System, powered by AI, featuring Light Fusion Technology and up to f/1.6 aperture for exceptional low light performance”

You may need to create your own preset to get the look you want and copy & paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon...the blurb sounds good doesn't it, hmm. Well yes, standard jpegs at the default 10mp setting are very good, especially in low light conditions,  because all three lenses combine.  Working like this, they offer a "faux" optical zoom up to 5x with little deterioration in image quality. The problems come when you want to capture in raw. In this case only the 40mp camera is used and herein lies the problem; too many pixels trying to fit onto a small sensor, hence the strong vignetting.  With my previous Samsung S7, raw files were handled reasonably well on the free Photo Mate R3 app that I am used to....but it wasn't able to remove the very strong vignette from the 78mb raw files from the Huawei, yes they are that large! 

I don't really like the subscription business model that Adobe has adopted...but needs must as I don't have a laptop and use only a tablet. LR for android doesn't have a bespoke lens correction profile for the Huawei P20Pro but I can adapt one of the existing ones. Unfortunately I can't see how to save this as a preset to be applied whenever I load up a raw file. If you or someone-else can advise me, I'd be really grateful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.....I've sorted out how to create and apply user presets.  That said, my comments about the Huawei P20Pro camera system still stands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to share my findings regarding my Huawei P20 Pro about the quality of the camera and especially the RAW (DNG) files.

This article by a photographer seemed very clear to me, this is the link to the article. https://pocketnow.com/huawei-p20-pro-photographers-guide. He also offers on this page the download of the lens correction profile made by him  https://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/CLT-L29_LCP_correction.zip.

I have to say that with the Lightroom Express, which is excellent, I have greatly improved my flow of developing the DNG of Huawei.

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for such a profile, works great and saves me hours of work. Thanks a lot, great job.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Do you still have a copy of the that profile correction file? This link doesn't work anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone have a copy of the profile available to download? The link doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines