• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having trouble syncing my second computer using the cloud. I have all my photos on my imac

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get my photos to sync on my laptop.  I have nearly 7,000 photos on my imac.  They are in the cloud but only about 2, 000 of them went to my laptop.   my laptop indicates that it is "synced" and is not bringing down more.  any help appreciated:)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe application are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just purchased lightroom cc with 5 T storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol,

I've moved your question from the "Get Started" forum to "Lightroom" for you.
~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow isn't clear. Did you add all 7,000 photos to Lightroom but only 2,000 of them finished uploading? What do you mean they aren't "bringing down to your laptop"? When you add photos to Lightroom they are uploaded to the Lightroom cloud, not brought down to your computer. Can you give us more details about your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.   I took photos from lightroom classic and migrated them to my new lightroom cc with the cloud service.   I successfully transfered nearly 7000 photos onto the new lightroom cc.  The originals were stored in pictures on that computer and the photos also went into the cloud.   The problem is that only 2000 of them "synced" meanding only 2000 of them appear on my second computer, my laptop which also has lightroom cc and is linked to the cloud.   my laptop indicates "synced and backed up" , my IMAC , the computer with the 7000 photos indicates "syncing".   This has been the =situaion for 24 hours, no progress.  Any ideas? thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have heard that this sync process can take a long time but that doesn't help you much.
The laptop will continue to say sync and backed up because all the photos it knows about are accounted for. The iMac has not finished uploading all 7000 photos to the cloud. Have you left Classic open, and has your computer remained connected to the internet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines