• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am still using Lightroom 5.7.1 on Sierra, should I Upgrade or Not?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am still using Lightroom 5.7.1 on Sierra, Upgrade or Not? When I did upgrade to High Sierra, that is when the trouble started, LR kept crashing, reverted back to Sierra and all ok again. I am now considering to upgrade my operating system and going for LR Classic....BUT,  is it worth the hassle that I keep reading about?? Any one help please.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Hi there,

It is a good idea to upgrade to the latest version of Lightroom Classic, because you will get all the latest updates when they are released and Classic has more and advanced features than Lightroom 5.7.1 you can check more information about them here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new.html

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Hi Sahil,

many thanks for your response, appreciated. Yes I have been looking intensly at tutorials etc. and think I will be going for the LR Classic, I have to upgrade my OS first, always dubious!!.  I have been using LR for quite some years and look forward to the upgrade.

Many thanks again,

Regard,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It is a good idea to upgrade to the latest version of Lightroom Classic, because you will get all the latest updates when they are released and Classic has more and advanced features than Lightroom 5.7.1 you can check more information about them here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new.html

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil,

many thanks for your response, appreciated. Yes I have been looking intensly at tutorials etc. and think I will be going for the LR Classic, I have to upgrade my OS first, always dubious!!.  I have been using LR for quite some years and look forward to the upgrade.

Many thanks again,

Regard,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines