Highlighted

I can't believe Adobe made such a mistake

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC (cloud version) was lack of drag & drop import feature but it is here anyway

Then, what does drag & drop import mean? You're not gonna believe this: right now drag & drop only works when an album already has at least one photo in it!!! Yes, it's just so ridiculous, If you create a new empty album, which must be the most possible situation you want to drag & drop import, but sadly it WON'T work!!!

Are Adobe developers & product team really use their own product every day? If yes can you accept such a bug? I can't believe I'm paying $$ every month to such a group of people! 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't believe Adobe made such a mistake

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC (cloud version) was lack of drag & drop import feature but it is here anyway

Then, what does drag & drop import mean? You're not gonna believe this: right now drag & drop only works when an album already has at least one photo in it!!! Yes, it's just so ridiculous, If you create a new empty album, which must be the most possible situation you want to drag & drop import, but sadly it WON'T work!!!

Are Adobe developers & product team really use their own product every day? If yes can you accept such a bug? I can't believe I'm paying $$ every month to such a group of people! 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. For feature requests or complaints, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Search for your feature request/complaint first. If it is already mentioned by someone else, then don't create a new thread but add your vote to the existing one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh great, user-to-user forum, so can I remind other users how unprofessional this software is done? If you have an answer then post it, otherwise you better not. You're a master of compromise doesn't mean others have to "go to feature request", how nice it sounds like! feature request is for some nice-to-have features, not for such an amateur bug

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are just users like yourself. We have no more "pull" with Adobe than you do. If you want your voice heard and feel you have a legitimate complaint then provide feedback at the link that was given to you. If you don't, then stop complaining because there isn't anything anyone on this forum can do about it. We try to be civil, but we expect the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Not sure why I have to reset my name before reply, is Adobe restricting my account because of the uncomfortable complaint? very nice, that's so civil)

JimHess, first of all, since you're a "professional", I bet you welcome a drag&drop feature, agreed?

and it is both normal such a feature deployed or not, but since deployed, can't drag&drop to an empty album is an unprofessional bug, not a "phase 2" feature, agreed?

It is absolutely your right not to agree any point above, but I would not agree your "professional" title either.

Ok, then let's talk about the action to a careless bug, I happen to be not patient enough to post on a bureaucratic corporate "feedback link", I have the consumer right to complain in any adobe.com space, and I believe the more we complain unusually, the more it can be picked up, that's just how a corporate works.

Yes we're just users, we just have different strategies. You think it's a community forum (note: in the Adobe building) and suddenly someone breaks in to complain, you instinctively ask him to leave not because you're more civil at all, it's because of the disturbing of your comfort zone. But you never realized it's just Adobe's careless caused the "protester" is here, and if you're really a user expecting the product better, who would you like to disappear, the bug or the protester?

Believe it or not, I did something similar like you before for other products, then one day I noticed: am I just a user, or an unconscious volunteer in the dragon's den?

Think again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s simple enough to drag & drop into the grid. You can then easily create an album from the latest import. See if my YouTube  video helps.

Drag & Drop Import

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 1
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom v3.2 onwards, in addition to the ability to import using drag & drop into the library grid you can also drag & drop into an album. Even a newly created empty album.

Empty.jpg

For photos already added to Lightroom you can set an album as a target album. It is then possible to add a batch of selected photos or random photos highlighted in the grid, simply by pressing the “T” key.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 0