Highlighted

I can't get any of my photos to load

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I opened lightroom, I kept getting an error that said "unable to move photos" and now it won't load any of my photos. Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 11.08.09 AM.png

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't get any of my photos to load

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I opened lightroom, I kept getting an error that said "unable to move photos" and now it won't load any of my photos. Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 11.08.09 AM.png

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will help us to answer your question if you could provide the exact version number you have installed and details of your operating system e.g.
• Windows 10 v1809, MacOS Mojave (10.14) Catalina (10.15)
• Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.6 20190724.r.80 2019/07/24
You can find this from your application menu:
Help >> System Info

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 12.34.54 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I see you are using the new Lightroom 3 on Mac OS Mojave

If you click on the cloud icon (top-right) does it show any sync issues.

You can also check your photos stored in the cloud by logging-in to your web app using a browser.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can access my photos online but it makes it very difficult for editing. It has been loading like this for at least 24 hours. Even after updating, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I have had no change in loading any photos in the app on my Mac. Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 12.57.53 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have performed a re-installation you may need to leave the app running overnight for sync to complete. It will take longer if you are also storing originals locally.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I left it running overnight last night and had no luck. I have the originals stored on an external hard drive, do you think since it is unable to access the originals it is unable to load? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the preferences for local storage options unchecked, then it should not make a difference – see image below. If you have already been running overnight I would suggest contacting Adobe directly who can check out your account at the back end to see why sync is stuck. Use the link bellow.

This is a user to user community. For some issues it will be necessary to contact Adobe directly. Click the following link and scroll down the page to Individual. Then click “Sign in to contact us” It should be possible to start an on-line chat with Adobe Support.
https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Prefs-Local-Store.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines