• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't use Lightroom desktop as the interface is blank

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the October Adobe Max update, I'm unable to use lightroom for desktop. I have had to upload through Lightroom web and edit through the mobile app, but I cannot see my photos or do anything through Lightroom for desktop. I've attached a photo of what it looks like. I even updated today. I'm trying to install new presets and I can't even do that. What do I do?2021-02-21.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom Desktop shows black interface while trying to load new presets.

Which version of Lightroom Desktop are you using and what is your computer's operating system version?

You can resolve this issue by signing out and then signing in again. 

1. From the menu bar, choose Help > Sign Out.
  2. Lightroom will now restart. 
  3. Sign in with your Adobe ID again when prompted.

If that does not help, would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch the app and let us know if it helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned that I already tried signing out and singing back in (from when I first had the issue). I am using an Acer Helios 300, so my graphics processor is not the issue either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up. 

Are you trying to install presets/profiles in Lightroom and is that when the problem occurs? Where are you trying to install the presets from? Are you able to browse/edit your images otherwise? Do you see any images pending syncing? 

Also, do you have your mobile device connected to your computer?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm having the same issue.  I've had a blank screen for over a week now.  I've logged out...nothing.  I've removed and re-downloaded Lightroom...nothing.  Not one of my 933 photos is showing up...just a blank screen.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 11.46.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. My interface shows no photos. Albums are all missing. Not connecting to the cloud. Can't import. I can see how many photos are in the system however. I have logged in and out, restarted my computer, tried updating my computer. Nothing is working and everytoime I relaunch there is less showing on the interface.

I'm using lightroom 4.1 and have Macbook pro and have macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know all your recent imports are synced or you have back ups then you could try deleting the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary folder. The Local Caralog will then rebuild from the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not syncing to the cloud though so unless I can figure out why it isn't syncing/connecting or importing, etc it won't rebuild.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK fixed. I deleted the app through creative cloud, found the library folder that you mentioned and deleted it, reinstalled the app through creative cloud and it is currently connecting to the cloud and rebuilding my library. Thanks for helping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where did you find the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the blank screen issue. If you are seeing similar behavior in the edit mode as well then, you should calibrate the monitor color profile back to defaults and see if that helps. For Windows, check out the following article for the steps: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/calibrate-monitor-windows-10

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

The screen is calibrated. The issue is that it isn't connecting to the cloud and every time I open the app I lose more data from the interface. Please tell me how can I reconnect the app to the cloud? 

I have logged in and out, restarted my computer, tried updating my computer. Nothing is working and everytime I relaunch there is less showing on the interface.

I can get some of the already synced pictures back for a short time if I can access the cloud in the top right (it only shows sometimes right now), hit pause symcing (even though it says it is synced) close the app and open it again through creative cloud.

I'm using lightroom 4.1 and have Macbook pro and have macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines