Highlighted

I have Adobe subcription due to expire in Dec.. I want to install my old Lightroom 6 now

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe subscription due to expire in Dec. I want to install my old Lightroom 6 now. Before Catalina update.  Do I need another Adobe password so as not to confuse the 2 programs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I have Adobe subcription due to expire in Dec.. I want to install my old Lightroom 6 now

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe subscription due to expire in Dec. I want to install my old Lightroom 6 now. Before Catalina update.  Do I need another Adobe password so as not to confuse the 2 programs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be wrong, but I don't believe you can have both versions installed on the same computer at the same time. I believe the executable programs have the same name and would cause a conflict with the operating system. I suppose you are aware that Lightroom 6 will not be able to read the catalog you have been using with Lightroom Classic. Right?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth would you want to go back to Lightroom 6 if you also want to upgrade your OS to Catalina? While Lightroom 6 may run on Catalina, it's just a matter of time before you will get into trouble. If you ever need to reinstall something or reregister, you will be screwed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0