• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I lost all my pictures from LR how back it?

New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed new windows and LR classic in my second PC. After log in in Adobe I have to choose which PC, LR stay and which not because licence is for 2 PC. Choice was hard because doesn't exist PC number so I choose wrong and LR, PS everything been lost on my First PC so I lost over 160 pictures after production. How I can back it to my LR installed again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

You post this in the Lightroom CC forum, but in your initial message you talk about Lightroom Classic, so I assume that the old PC it’s also Lightroom Classic. If Lightroom Classic starts up without any images, then it apparently created a new empty catalog. You will need to find your old catalog and open that one in Lightroom. I can’t tell you where your old catalog is or what its name is, but the default location for catalogs is your Pictures folder. The catalog file has a “.lrcat” extension,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has been lost. You just have to login again on the old PC as well.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I log in in adobe clouds on old PC. Start use LR and is empty even I lost presets. How or what I can do to try back it? Where log in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You post this in the Lightroom CC forum, but in your initial message you talk about Lightroom Classic, so I assume that the old PC it’s also Lightroom Classic. If Lightroom Classic starts up without any images, then it apparently created a new empty catalog. You will need to find your old catalog and open that one in Lightroom. I can’t tell you where your old catalog is or what its name is, but the default location for catalogs is your Pictures folder. The catalog file has a “.lrcat” extension, so look for that or do a search on that. You can also try if the ‘Recent’ menu in Lightroom lists that catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much I found on disc C with short .lrcat . You are the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I lost all my photos by ugrading to the next level of lightroom. There was no crash. The new update is not

comatible with the old one. In appreciate your comments. I am going to work on them, BTW, I work on a apple

iMac.

G Dreo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gerhardd17677163  You have replied to a post that is over 4 years old. Your problem may not be the same as this thread.

Start a new thread with your question. Explain in detail "not compatible".

Please (if possible) include the following in your question:
Full details of the Adobe App Name and Version number.  (Both 'old' and 'new upgrade' versions)
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Device Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing that you saw my problem of 4 years ago.  This time the problem is much worse. First off my computer is

10 years old.    iMac 14,2, Quad-Intel Core 17, 3.5 GHz,  L3 8MB, Memory 8GB. I lost all my photo Files including my book I was getting ready to send to Blurb. I tried loading the new version of Lightroom version 12,

but I was told : not compatible with present system. I know what that means: need new iMac. I am not really up

with the computer side of photography,  but I love what I can do in Lightroom with my photography.  I will have wife help me with Screen shots.  I sincerely appreciate your help with this matter. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines