Highlighted

I lost all my pictures from LR how back it?

New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed new windows and LR classic in my second PC. After log in in Adobe I have to choose which PC, LR stay and which not because licence is for 2 PC. Choice was hard because doesn't exist PC number so I choose wrong and LR, PS everything been lost on my First PC so I lost over 160 pictures after production. How I can back it to my LR installed again?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

You post this in the Lightroom CC forum, but in your initial message you talk about Lightroom Classic, so I assume that the old PC it’s also Lightroom Classic. If Lightroom Classic starts up without any images, then it apparently created a new empty catalog. You will need to find your old catalog and open that one in Lightroom. I can’t tell you where your old catalog is or what its name is, but the default location for catalogs is your Pictures folder. The catalog file has a “.lrcat” extension, so look for that or do a search on that. You can also try if the ‘Recent’ menu in Lightroom lists that catalog.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I lost all my pictures from LR how back it?

New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed new windows and LR classic in my second PC. After log in in Adobe I have to choose which PC, LR stay and which not because licence is for 2 PC. Choice was hard because doesn't exist PC number so I choose wrong and LR, PS everything been lost on my First PC so I lost over 160 pictures after production. How I can back it to my LR installed again?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

You post this in the Lightroom CC forum, but in your initial message you talk about Lightroom Classic, so I assume that the old PC it’s also Lightroom Classic. If Lightroom Classic starts up without any images, then it apparently created a new empty catalog. You will need to find your old catalog and open that one in Lightroom. I can’t tell you where your old catalog is or what its name is, but the default location for catalogs is your Pictures folder. The catalog file has a “.lrcat” extension, so look for that or do a search on that. You can also try if the ‘Recent’ menu in Lightroom lists that catalog.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has been lost. You just have to login again on the old PC as well.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I log in in adobe clouds on old PC. Start use LR and is empty even I lost presets. How or what I can do to try back it? Where log in?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much I found on disc C with short .lrcat . You are the best

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines