• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Idea for brush selection>invert mask option

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night working on Lightroom Cc, I realised a missing feature. I was editing an image of bird on grass. I wanted to darken the grass to create contrast. SO I used selective edit>brush selection. Masked the bird, and was hoping to have invert option to select bird surroundings. But unlike Radial filter, INVERT FEATURE IS MISSING.

Hope Adobe adds this feature, as it could really save time. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the mean-time until Invert is added as a feature-Try a work-around method:

1) Apply a linear Gradient over entire photo, (Start outside image & drag AWAY from image)

2) Select the eraser- to erase the gradient adjustment (from the bird!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Increase the brush size as much as you can, turn off Auto Masking and paint the entire image. That will take only a few strokes. Now switch to the eraser and you've got what you want.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines