• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Brightening when Selected and Darkening when Deselected in Develop Module LR Classic 10

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue began after updating to LR Classic 10 a few days ago. 

I am working with images that were imported and edited prior to the update.

In the Develop Module, when I select an image thumbnail and it appears on the main screen, a few seconds later it significantly brightens both the enlarged image and thumbnail. When I move to another image, about three clicks later the brightened thumbnail is darkened again (back to original edit). To be clear, once the image is brightened by LR it only remains as such while it is selected. It does not permanently remain brightened. If I select and deselect the same image, it will brighten and darken every single time. 

Clearly, this is making editing impossible because I am not able to properly edit an image that is displaying differently when I click on it. Again, the edits were done PRIOR to the update so I know what they should look like. They should not be a full stop brighter as LR is doing when the image is selected.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot examples:

Library Module (Selected, Proper edit, dark)

ashleyw44861185_0-1603731316188.png

Develop Module (Deselected, proper edit, dark) - Image is shown to the left of selected image

ashleyw44861185_2-1603731424099.png

Develop Module (Selected, brightened)

ashleyw44861185_1-1603731338044.png

UPDATE: I tested how the image is exporting and it is exporting as the brightened image. This allows me to edit each image individually but not to view the image in relationship to the whole gallery. I could auto sync all images and darken the exposure on the whole gallery for exporting purposes. However, this does not allow me to view the properly edited gallery in the Library or Develop Module. I can only view one edited image at a time. 😞

HELP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is only occuring in the second half of the gallery. Below demonstrates where the brightening/darkening problem begins. It does not occur with the images prior. These two selected images were taken 30 seconds apart on the Canon R5 with the 50 mm lens with identical settings. The first is not affected. The second is brightened in the Develop Module and upon export.

Two images selected in the Library Module. Both dark.

ashleyw44861185_0-1603732488081.png

When these two selected images are exported from the Library, the image on the left remains dark. The image on the right is brightened.

ashleyw44861185_1-1603732540877.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines