Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images get a green tinge when viewing in develop mode

Explorer ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

As the title says my images get a noticable green tinge when viewing them in develop mode. When I view them in Library mode they don't have that tinge. Any way to prevent this from happening? 

Library modeLibrary mode

Develop modeDevelop mode

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

This could be a monitor calibration and profile issue as the Develop and Library Module use different color spaces and gamut curves. When was the last time you calibrated and profiled your monitor? It is suggested for anyone working with critical color information that they use a hardware and software combination for the process. The two more common brands are Xrite and Spyder.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be a monitor calibration and profile issue as the Develop and Library Module use different color spaces and gamut curves. When was the last time you calibrated and profiled your monitor? It is suggested for anyone working with critical color information that they use a hardware and software combination for the process. The two more common brands are Xrite and Spyder.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't callibrated my monitor since I bought it a couple of years ago. It's a Dell U3417W which supposedly is factory callibrated (99% sRGB), but from what I read I do understand monitor output deteriorates with age. My goal is to upload photo's of my artwork to the different social media platforms, so I don't know how justified such a purchase is. It would be nice if there is a "quick" way to get the colours to match. I don't really have the intention to read up or invest on/in callibration since I'm not a professional photographer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines