Highlighted

Images not displaying to allow to be edited - black screen but options for edits are there

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have the 7 day trial of Lightroom CC and tonight I wanted to try to edit some photos but despite having imported them I cannot see any images when I go to edit them - the screen is black but the cursor changes to a zoom so I know the photos are there. I have gone into edit - preferences - performance and can see the 'use graphics processor' was ticked to off. When I change this to auto the image appears for me to edit and the options then say basic graphic accerlation is enabled (and not disabled like it was before i change it) BUT should I be changing this to auto?

Surely the programme should be all set to work? the only reason I knew to change things was by looking online but I've also read that the processor should be off so I'm confused!

Any help is appreciated, 

thank you,

Vicki

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Images not displaying to allow to be edited - black screen but options for edits are there

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have the 7 day trial of Lightroom CC and tonight I wanted to try to edit some photos but despite having imported them I cannot see any images when I go to edit them - the screen is black but the cursor changes to a zoom so I know the photos are there. I have gone into edit - preferences - performance and can see the 'use graphics processor' was ticked to off. When I change this to auto the image appears for me to edit and the options then say basic graphic accerlation is enabled (and not disabled like it was before i change it) BUT should I be changing this to auto?

Surely the programme should be all set to work? the only reason I knew to change things was by looking online but I've also read that the processor should be off so I'm confused!

Any help is appreciated, 

thank you,

Vicki

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I should have added i have a Surface Pro 7 laptop and the graphic card is a Direct X intel Iris Plus card.

thank you,

Vicki

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Vickif87 LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone help please?

thanks,

Vicki

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines