• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import--Issues with .lrcat and .lrdata

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm the guy who posted an import question yesterday. Somebody linked to a helpful article. Thank you. It seems my problem lies in the previews and the catalog settings. When I moved the catalog from one computer to the other, an .lrcat and a .lrdata file came with them. I believe that the answer to my problems lies in those files.

The problem is, when I click "File" then click on any of the various "import" and "open" settings, those files are grayed out. If I click on one of the pictures and try to locare it, those files are grayed out. If I just click on the files, I'm told that I don't have an application to open them. Want to go on the app store and find one? Sure. But there's nothing to be found. 

I'm close. I can see my files on the left side. But they're all grayed out and riddled with  question marks. I can see pictures on the screen. But somehow they aren't really there.

Note that creating a catalog is not the way I would normally make a back up. My normal process would give me a lot of pictures in folders. The top folder called "My Lightroom Pictures" as the past (and present?) bible of Lightroon told me to do. Then a first level of subfolders for each year, then subfolders within that. It was somehow connected to Lighroom. Changes made in the program affected the pictures in those folders. I still have all those folders on the old computer. When I started this mishegas, I created a new catalog and moved that over to the new computer. I could make a copy of all of those folders from the old computer and move it to the new computer. Should I? What do I do then.

I've got to be close. Somebody, please, push me over the edge.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?