Highlighted

Import LR 4 catalog

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used LR 4 for years. Now I have downloaded LR classic ver 3.4 I tried to import the LR 4 catalog. I used File, Migrate and located the LR 4 catalog. I tried loading and got insupported catalog version. With a note to update catalog with Lightroom 6 or newer. 

So I guess I cannot bring in my LR 4 catalog directly. So unless there is a work around I'm stuck.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thankyou in advance

Tom

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import LR 4 catalog

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used LR 4 for years. Now I have downloaded LR classic ver 3.4 I tried to import the LR 4 catalog. I used File, Migrate and located the LR 4 catalog. I tried loading and got insupported catalog version. With a note to update catalog with Lightroom 6 or newer. 

So I guess I cannot bring in my LR 4 catalog directly. So unless there is a work around I'm stuck.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thankyou in advance

Tom

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
selondon LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before Migration you need to open the the Catalog in Lightroom Classic and convert it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-to-lightroom-cc.html

By the way, Lightroom 3.4 is the Cloud Based Lightroom, where all photos are stored in the Cloud and sync across devices.

The latest version of Lightroom 4 is called Lightroom Classic, if you want to keep with the disc based workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0