• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import photos to Lightroom on Mac Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve been working with Lightroom 6 for three years without any problems. 

My last import to Lightroom with RAW pictures failed. Of 215 pictures only 25 was imported. The rest of the photos was greyed in preview and import was stoped (import bar went up to 10 % and stoped). 

Tried to reinstall Lightroom but my Mac Catalina don´t allow this program.

Anyone who can help me?

/Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't reinstall Lightroom 6 on MacOS Catalina. The installer is 32 bits and Catalina does not support 32 bits apps anymore.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for a quick answser. Is there anything else I can do to solve my
problem with importing photos?
/ Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try copying the photos to your hard disk first (using the Finder) and then importing them into Lightroom. I would not recommend using Lightroom 6 with Catalina in the first place, but that is a little too late.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. This is just what I did but when I go into import mode the pictures are grey and the import bar stops at about 10%. Something seems to hung up and stop the importing. Could it be some of the parameters for import that is set wrong? 

Even if I go back to older photos on the hard disk they appears in grey in the preview mode. Funny is that when I double click on the preview pictures they open up as a picture but they are still not possible to import.

Rgs/ Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no import parameters that will stop an import half way. If images are greyed out in the import dialog, then that normally means that Lightroom thinks they have already been imported.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have today experienced the exact same problem - no idea why just wont have any of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same isssue with LR6 after update to Catalina , The files are visible in the LR library but when attepmting to "develop" the file it does not open.. nor does it recognizes the subfolders on the external drive in the Develop link(although they are visible in the Library Link)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Catalina comes with new privacy settings. Make sure Lightroom has all the privileges it needs to access the folders where your images are stored.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines