• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import workflow in LIghtroom

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm trying to move my workflow from LR classic to LR CC so I can get the full sync of keywords, tags etc across all my devices. I struggle to understand how Adobe wants me to import my photos : I can see the "add" functionality, but it doesn't do anything other than adding the photos to CC and uploading them to the cloud.

Before that step I do need to move the photos from my camera to a local disk, in that process I need to rename them, then I need to select the ones I want to keep. Do I need a separate program / plugin to do these operations ? Or is Adobe expecting me to do these operations in LR classic ? If I use classic I assume that all the changes I'll make on CC won't sync back to classic, and what's the point of having my photo catalog in 2 separate places ?

I'm trying hard but I honestly struggle to undertsand Adobe's vision of a photographer's workflow: is it documented somewhere ?

Thanks for your feedback !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom (Cloud). You can review your images while importing in the review window and select the ones you wish to import however, renaming them during import is not possible in Lightroom yet.

If you are using Lightroom Classic, you can sync the images with Lightroom by adding the images to a collection (note that while syncing images through Lightroom Classic, only the smart preview of the image would be synced and not the full resolution original). Any edits you do on the images in Lightroom or using Lightroom mobile, would automatically sync back to your Lightroom Classic catalog.

You can check some more info here: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic/lightroom-cc-vs-lightroom-classic.html

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"full sync of keywords, tags etc across all my devices."

nikunj.m failed to mention that this is not possible!

The Lightroom-Classic 'heirarchical' structure of keywords is not compatible with the 'flat' structure in Lightroom (mobile).

TBMK The first sync of Collections from Lr-Classic will attach keywords, but keywords added in Mobile devices will not sync back down to Lr-Classic.

"what's the point of having my photo catalog in 2 separate places ?"

It is NOT the same Catalog! The two systems (LrC & Lr) are entirely different and independent.

"I can see the "add" functionality, but it doesn't do anything other than adding the photos to CC and uploading them to the cloud."

This will only 'add' keywords if you have embedded the keywords in metadata (or XMP) with Lightroom-Classic [Ctrl+S] before you Import the files directly to Lightroom.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/lightroom-cc-keywords-don-t-sync-from-mobile-to-classic/m-p...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines