Highlighted

Imported to Wrong Capture Date

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, for some reason Lightroom CC imported about 2500 of my photo's to May 9, 2017. These photos are in reality from a variety of different dates. I also store my photos with google photo's and these same 2500 photos appear under the correct dates there so it seems to be a Lightroom problem. Does anyone have an explanation for this and more importantly a solution, preferably one that is quick! If all else fails then my 2nd question would be, does anyone know how to change the capture date on each photo in Lightroom CC, either on Windows or on the IOS version. Let me know if you have an answer! This is super annoying!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Imported to Wrong Capture Date

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, for some reason Lightroom CC imported about 2500 of my photo's to May 9, 2017. These photos are in reality from a variety of different dates. I also store my photos with google photo's and these same 2500 photos appear under the correct dates there so it seems to be a Lightroom problem. Does anyone have an explanation for this and more importantly a solution, preferably one that is quick! If all else fails then my 2nd question would be, does anyone know how to change the capture date on each photo in Lightroom CC, either on Windows or on the IOS version. Let me know if you have an answer! This is super annoying!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the recently added or by date section in 'my photos'?  Or are you saying the capture date in info shows May 9th?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG-0173.JPGIMG-0174.JPGIm talking about under the all tabs and the date section where it has all my photos organized by date. The other 15k photos got organized under the right date but about 2.5k of them all got put on may 9. I only imported all these photos last week so may 9 was a weird day to put them on. They all show up correctly in google photos.

and yes is does also show the capture date under info as may 9. No idea why it chose that date. That’s not the date they were captured on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's no help, but I too had this problem of photos getting incorrect dates put in them when I imported.  Just wanted you to know it wasn't just you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem.

Very annoying

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue here. Mine is showing the capture date properly, but when I import they are going into a folder based on the date modified rather than the date captured which is almost more frustrating as they end up scattered randomly all over creation. I haven't been able to find how to override what it's looking at to sort the photos by.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly the issue I have, too. It's a huge time sink when that happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Date of photo taken is correct in Windows-Explorer and some apps on my iPhone. But some of the imported photos get the modified date instead of the 'taken date'. Very annoying 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same annoying problem. Photos are imported not into the folder for the date created but some other folder (am not sure whether it is the last changed date, but I don't think I touch that much photos).

This is really annoying!! My iPhone photos are a real mess on my HDD.

Any answers from Adobe or any ETA for the fix of this bug??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not fixed with the new LR version. Any Adobe people listening in?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please, does anybody from Adobe listening in?

I just transferred my 2009 photos from one hard drive to another --- LR is putting them in random dates/years anywhere from 2009 to 2017! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2019 0