• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Catalog

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be a very stupid man because even the simplest explanations are beyond me. Please try to walk me through this. Note the VERY simple way my situation is explained.

I just got a new Mac. I'm trying to move my photos from the old computer to the new one. I "exported catalog." It's called MLP. (My Lightroom Photos. Clever, right?) 

Using an external disc, I moved it to the new computer. The new computer has a virginal copy of Lightroom Classic and a folder called MLP on it's desktop.

What should I do now? (I've obviously have been here for a while.)

Many, many thanks and I'm sorry to be asking a question that has been answered so many times before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get photos that aren't there, ghost photos with old folder structure gone, all kinds of results but this one simple step i9s beyond me. Please explain in painstakingly simple terms. If I'm supposed to take the catalog out of the folder, please say so. Please ad what to do with the previews and whatever else is left in the folder. Help me. Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I've upgraded the files and I have the old folder structure but no pictures and lots of question marks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whenever I try to "import photos" it says " no photos found. Everywhere I look, that's the answer I get. I'm really close to cracking. I've never been good with computers but this is crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines