• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from Fuji X-e3 with LR is failing with MacOS 10.15 (Catalina)

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

after upgrading MacOS to Catalina (10.15.1) I am no longer able do run a direct import to my NAS.

The photos shall be stored on the NAS and I keep the LR catalog on a local driver. This was working before vfor years!

This is, what is working:

1) Import photos from a local or remote drive zo the NAS

2) Import photos from the camara to a directory on a local drive

3) I can change, dublicate and store photos existin on the NAS volume

Even strabnge is the fact, that browsing the photos onm the connected camera is showing all photos, but out of sequence!

When I start the import from the camera, the imort ends in an infinate loop, which is only stopped by manually canceling the import. In this case I am receiving the error LR is not able to write to the volume! Which is a strange error since I can work with this volume on the NAS even with LR, as I noted above.

I re-configured the MacOS security to allow LR to access all volumes, ect- but this aint cange anythinmg.

I did not upfdate the firmware of either the NAS nor the camera!

IS anyone e,se effected by the same or similar issue?

Kind regards,

Thorsten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thorstens14646902, good evening.
The same phenomenon seems to have happened on other models of Fujifilm.
According to the post, it seems to be due to a problem with Catalina and the camera rather than a problem with Lr.
Until then, it seems to have to import via SD card reader.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/fuji-xpro-2-not-found-in-import-with-catalina...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Tacafy,

thanks for your feedback and the link provided - but the issue I am facing seams to be differnt. Both the camera and the pctures can be selected in LR, but the import is failing. The error is confusing as well since it reads: "target is write proteced" or something similar - but importing it is possible if the pictures are imported using a card reader!

Do not get me wrong, I do not want to blame Adobe, but at least the errer message is wrong!

Accoring to Apple and Fuji the X-E3 and other Fuji camaras are officially supported my MacOS Catalina!!!

Kind regards,

Thorsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines