Highlighted

Importing or Exporting DNG to Creative Cloud Storage from iPhone looses META information

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently take photos in RAW mode. I noticed recently that if I save the image (e.g. export) from the iPhone Camera Roll to the Creative Cloud app or import from the Create Cloud app directly that the files are smaller than if I were to air drop them to my computer direct from the Camera Roll. Upon further investigation I notice that all the META information is removed. Take a look at the screen shot, its not just a few KB different, its almost 10 MB different. I haven't seen anything about this searching so I decided to start here. 

madania5281270_0-1588531050857.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing or Exporting DNG to Creative Cloud Storage from iPhone looses META information

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently take photos in RAW mode. I noticed recently that if I save the image (e.g. export) from the iPhone Camera Roll to the Creative Cloud app or import from the Create Cloud app directly that the files are smaller than if I were to air drop them to my computer direct from the Camera Roll. Upon further investigation I notice that all the META information is removed. Take a look at the screen shot, its not just a few KB different, its almost 10 MB different. I haven't seen anything about this searching so I decided to start here. 

madania5281270_0-1588531050857.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post from the Get Started forum to the Program Specific forum, Lightroom.

If this is in Error please state the exact Adobe program you are asking about.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why have you whited, or blacked, out parts of your screen shots?

More than likely it has something to do with the Camera Roll reducing the size of the image for Uploading and or when it is Downloaded.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0