Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing photos with the same file name messed my catalog and pictures

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Context:

I imported 100 pictures in my Lightroom CC catalog those previous days, here the way I did it:

1. I imported pictures in my iPad film roll from my SD card reader (My camera is a Fuji XT2)

2. I imported them in a new folder in Lightroom CC on my iPad : "2019.07.02 - Paris"

Problem:

Now some pictures of that folder (still using Lightroom CC both on iPad or iPhone) are confused with pictures from another CC folder "2019.02.12 - Paris" which have the same file names (automatically generated by my XT2 camera... the DSCF1008 from February is displayed instead of the DSF1008 from July) but imported last February.

Back at the office I opened Lightroom Classic CC, and same problem, even worse... It has overwritten the files imported from adobe cloud in the Ligthroom CC folder on my mac with the files from February...

It's a complete mess, I still have my pictures on my SD, so it's not a catastrophe but it's very worrying in the future!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josef,

Sorry for the confusion, let us help make this right.

Could you please let us know if you see the correct file names here? Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely not, this is the same view as from my iPad or iPhone.

Old pictures from February replaced new pictures from July. See that screenshot from my iPad as I don't know how to display exif data on the web version...

IMG_0172.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be happy to get an answer!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be happy to get an answer!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this behavior. Is there a fix for it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@IMKAphotos 

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines